A MAN arrested on suspicion of the murder and indecent assault of Stuart Lubbock at the home of entertainer Michael Barrymore 20 years ago has been released under investigation by police.
The 50-year-old suspect, who has not been named, was arrested in Cheshire on March 17 after "significant new information" came to light, Essex Police said.
He was subsequently released on bail until April 12, and the force said he has since been released under investigation.
An Essex Police spokesman said: "A 50-year-old man arrested on suspicion of the indecent assault and murder of Stuart Lubbock has been released under investigation while our enquiries continue."
Butcher Mr Lubbock, 31, had been attending a party at Barrymore's luxury home in Roydon with eight other people on March 31 2001 when he died.
Last month, we reported how Stuart’s ex- wife had spoken of her hope at finally finding out the truth about the night he died.
Sue Homan, 47, said she prayed there would be answers for Stuart’s cancer-hit dad Terry, 76, who has months to live.
Sue, from Harlow in Essex, said: “Stuart’s mum and nan have passed away, while Stuart’s dad is seriously ill.
“It’s breaking my heart to see how Terry is — not knowing what happened.”
Meanwhile Terry is hoping his barrister can secure a second inquest before his death.
The 76-year-old, who has terminal prostate cancer, has hired lawyer Alan Payne – who was involved in the probe into the crash which killed Princess Diana.
They hope together they can use "new evidence" to win permission to apply to the High Court for a new inquest into son Stuart's death, and finally get "justice".
Terry told The Mirror: "I've only a few months left. I want justice for my son before I go.
"We’ve got a big-gun barrister working on this. We are getting close."
The case of Stuart's death remains undetermined and an inquest in 2002 recorded an open verdict.
A post-mortem examination revealed he had taken a cocktail of drugs at the party including cocaine, ecstasy and amphetamine, and he also had alcohol in his system.
The 31-year-old also suffered severe internal injuries that suggested he was sexually assaulted.
A man, 50, had been arrested in Cheshire last month on suspicion of indecent assault and murder – giving the family hope.
And a top officer told all others who were at the TV star's house that night – including Barrymore himself – to expect a call.
Source: Read Full Article