LEAH Croucher's devastated parents are finally saying goodbye to their girl more than three years after she vanished.

Nineteen-year-old Leah was last seen alive in February 2019.

For three years Leah's family hoped for a safe return but her body was tragically found in October last year – just 0.4miles from where she was last seen.

Today mourners got the chance to farewell the teen, with her parents saying it was time to "finally lay our beautiful Leah to rest".

John and Claire Croucher looked visibly emotional while grieving locals lined the streets of their Milton Keynes hometown as the cortege moved through.

It was sombre scenes in Emerson Valley as Leah's coffin passed the crowds on a horse-drawn carriage, with many bowing their heads.

Read more on UK news

Leah Croucher suspect ‘changed appearance’ cops say as they release efit

My brother died after Leah vanished – her killer has his blood on their hands

Her coffin was topped with a massive floral tribute, with her name spelt out with small white flowers.

The funeral procession was organised so locals had the opportunity to pay their respects to the teen, Leah's grieving parents said.

John and Claire said the public would also have the chance to have their "very own private 'goodbye' to Leah as she goes on her final journey to the crematorium".

The heartbroken family added said: "The time has come to finally lay our beautiful Leah to rest."

Most read in The Sun


Woman jailed for 3yrs after cyclist died in row over pavement to appeal


Major pharmacy chain puts all 1,300 branches 'at risk' of closure in shake-up


Greggs AXES popular treat from stores this Easter – and shoppers will be fuming


Note reveals neighbour heard cries before body found in search for newborn

Leah sparked a nationwide manhunt when she vanished after telling her family she was going to see a friend on February 15, 2019.

CCTV showed the then 19-year-old walking along a road in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire at about 8.15am that day.

No more sightings of Leah were reported – until February 2020, when witnesses told of a "crying" woman matching her description spotted on the day she vanished.

In April last year police vowed they hadn't given up on finding the teen.

But, just six months later, Human remains were found in the search for Leah.

Officers had swooped on a home on Loxbeare Drive in Furztonafter receiving a tip-off from a member of the public.

It was 0.4miles from Buzzacott Lane where Leah's last movements were captured on CCTV.

Tragically, Leah's brother Haydon Croucher, 24, ended his life in 2019 before the breakthrough after being "tortured" by not knowing what happened to his sister.

Just last month police revealed their one and only suspect "changed his appearance" to avoid capture.

Read More on The Sun

I work in Aldi – 7 top ‘dupe’ buys that will save you an absolute fortune

I bought ‘£4k goldendoodle’ puppy – but was shocked when it grew up different

Neil Maxwell is the prime suspect in the case and is the only suspect who has been named by police.

However, Maxwell took his own life in 2019 after officer made 18 attempts to arrest him.

Source: Read Full Article