STRICTLY'S Rylan Clark-Neal has been forced into isolation after coming into contact with coronavirus, The Sun can exclusively reveal.
The 32-year-old host will miss the next two weeks of It Takes Two as well as his BBC Radio 2 show as he isolates at his home in Essex.
"Rylan is gutted but he's got no choice," a source tells The Sun.
"He'd usually be hosting the show tonight so it's a bit of a shock but he understands it's the right thing to do."
Current guidelines mean if you come into contact with someone with coronavirus you should isolate at home for 14 days as it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to appear.
Zoe Ball will now host the show alone without Rylan as he isolates at home.
The BBC is taking NHS and government advice very seriously as it's not the first time the show has been hit by Covid-19.
Taking to Instagram this morning, Rylan shared: "I found out this week that someone I have been in recent contact with outside of work has tested positive for coronavirus.
"I am therefore now following the government guidelines and having to self isolate.
"I have sought a COVID test and thankfully that has returned a negative result.
"That does mean I will miss the next two weeks of Strictly It Takes Two and my BBC Radio 2 Saturday show.
"I look forward to being back soon and wish all the couples good luck for this weekend."
A post shared byRYLAN (@rylan) on
The Sun revealed HRVY had tested positive for the deadly Covid-19 bug earlier this month and had been self-isolating.
No doubt Strictly bosses breathed a sigh of relief when he tested negative for the deadly bug just in time for the launch show as they hadn't lined up replacements for stars forced to pull out this year.
A source told The Sun: "Bosses have scrapped the replacements this year so if someone falls sick, that’s it, they’re out. And with a crunched-down run, there is no room for error."
Despite his good news nervous execs have warned contestants they must uphold stringent anti-Covid measures and avoid kissing fellow stars.
Any physical relationship will be deemed a clear breach of the rules – and BBC bosses are particulary concerned about Hrvy.
He previously told pals he was “up for romance”.
A BBC insider said: “While most of the pros are coupled up, there’s never any guarantees about what might happen.
“HRVY has been quite open about the fact he’s game for a bit of romance. But clearly, in the current climate, we don’t want him mingling outside of his bubble or putting himself — or others — at any risk.
"Celebs caught in the act have been told they face being chopped from the show. It’s a case of one strike and they’re out.”
The pros are currently living together in a hotel, filming routines.
Strictly’s history is littered with affairs. Two years ago, comic Seann Walsh was famously pictured kissing married dancer Katya Jones.
Source: Read Full Article