The 11-year-old youth football player accused of shooting two of his teammates earlier this week has been ordered by a judge to stay in custody for at least the next 21 days.
The boy, who cops say opened fire on two 13-year-olds following a dispute at a practice at the Northwest Recreation Complex football field in Apopka, Fla. on Monday, had hoped for home detainment … but he will now be forced to stay in juvenile detention for at least the next 3 weeks.
11-Yr-Old Youth Football Player Arrested For Shooting Two 13-Yr-Old Teammates
Reporters at the hearing in Orange County on Wednesday morning said the child began crying when the ruling was announced.
He’s now expected to be on suicide watch at the detention center … according to WFTV 9.
At the hearing, an aunt for one of the alleged shooting victims took the stand and said the teen’s family had hoped the 11-year-old would remain in detention.
A police report, obtained by TMZ Sports, stated a witness to the shooting said the initial dispute happened due to a quarrel “over a bag of chips.”
Police said one of the 13-year-olds was shot in the upper body, while the other was hit in the arm. But, thankfully, both are expected to recover from their injuries.
Source: Read Full Article