TWO teenage boys have been arrested for an armed carjacking just days after the dangerous trend saw two girls charged following the death of an UberEats driver in an alleged botched hijack.

The two lads, aged 13 and 14, were caught by cops after hijacking a car in Washington DC, allegedly at knife-point.

DC Metropolitan Police Department say the victim was in the driver's seat of their vehicle when two boys approached at about 8.50pm on Thursday in the 100 Block of 42nd Street, Northeast.

One of pair opened the door and allegedly assaulted the victim, who got out of the car before also reportedly being attacked by the second boy.

Police say one of the suspects then produced a knife before they both got into the victim's car and fled the scene.

Cops were able to locate the vehicle and arrest the two boys, who have since been charged with armed carjacking, with additional suspects reportedly running away from the scene.

The car was then returned and towed to the owner, reports Fox News, and the case remains under investigation.

It comes as part of a worrying rise in a trend that sees teens hijack cars in DC.

Disturbing footage of a reportedly deadly botched carjacking by two teenagers that also took place in capital has emerged.

The horrifying video shows the moment two teen girls allegedly carjacked an UberEats vehicle and sped off with the driver clinging on, before crashing and killing him.

Father-of-three Mohammad Anwar, 66, was killed after being thrown from his Honda Accord in a violent suspected robbery last week.

Metropolitan Police Department said the 13-year-old from Southeast D.C. and a 15-year-old from Fort Washington, Maryland were charged with felony murder and carjacking charges.

The shocking incident unfolded in the 1200 block of Van Street SE near the Nationals Park in Washington, DC, on Tuesday (March 23).

The graphic 90-second clip starts with Anwar struggling to regain control of his car after the two girls pushed into the car. 

He can be heard yelling “they're thieves” and “this is my car!' as he tried to pull the girl out of the driver’s seat.

But the teen suddenly accelerates, sending the car speeding down the 1200 block of Van Street SE with Anwar still clinging on. 

Horrifyingly, the car can then be seen smashing into a metal fence from its left side — crushing the delivery driver between the barrier and car door.

As the car continues to speed off into the distance, a screeching sound can be heard followed by a loud crash noise.  

The bystander who had been filming the incident rushes to the site of the crash only to find the car rolled over and the two girls climbing out .

Anwar's body can be seen lying motionless on the sidewalk, as witnesses scrambled to help.  

Two National Guardsmen who were in the area removed the juvenile suspects from the overturned car.

They detained them until police responded to the scene and arrested them.

Words can not describe how our family is feeling currently. Devastation, confusion, shock, anger, heartache, and anguish are just a few that come to mind

Police who arrived at the scene at about 4.30pm found Anwar with life-threatening injuries and even though he was rushed to the hospital he was pronounced dead shortly after.

According to his family, Anwar was a Pakistani immigrant, who left behind a wife, three adult children and four grandchildren. 

The victim's niece has set up a GoFundme page to raise funds for a traditional Islamic funeral.

Lehra Bogino wrote in the description: "Anwar was a beloved husband, father, grandfather, uncle, and friend who always provided a smile when you needed one.

"He leaves behind a family, near and far, who cherish, love, and miss him dearly.

"Words can not describe how our family is feeling currently. Devastation, confusion, shock, anger, heartache, and anguish are just a few that come to mind.

"We will carry him with us always, but it doesn’t take the pain away of losing him so tragically and so unexpectedly soon."

So far, more than $718,00 has been donated.

Meanwhile, two further teenage boys were arrested on Friday after being busted for two back-to-back carjackings.

At about 7.10pm, one of the boys allegedly brandished a handgun and demanded that the victim get out of the car, before the pair fled the scene on foot in the 300 block of K Street.

Cops caught the suspects – both aged 13 – on Saturday. They were arrested and charged with armed carjacking.

Source: Read Full Article