Donald Trump’s team has admitted the US President’s website was hacked on Tuesday night, after it displayed a message saying the world has ‘had enough’.  

A Trump campaign spokesperson said the site was briefly ‘defaced’, as hacker(s) claimed to have accessed ‘strictly classified information’ and proof that the Trump government was ‘involved in the origin of the coronavirus’. The move in fact appears to have been an unsophisticated scam to collect cryptocurrency, according to reports. 

The President’s spokesperson Tim Murtaugh said: ‘Earlier this evening, the Trump campaign website was defaced and we are working with law enforcement authorities to investigate the source of the attack. There was no exposure to sensitive data because none of it is actually stored on the site. The website has been restored.’

Screenshots show the website claiming it had been ‘seized’ because ‘the world has had enough of the fake-news spreaded (sic) daily by president donald j trump.’

It claimed to have ‘full access to trump and relatives’ and made a series of unfounded accusations about Mr Trump being involved in criminal activities and other claims attempting to discredit the President. 

The website later displayed an error message that read, in part, ‘This site is currently offline.’

It has since been restored.

There has not yet been any indication around the identity of the hacker(s). 

It comes after reports said the US President’s Twitter account was hacked by someone guessing his password – and claiming it was ‘maga2020!’. 

The latest hack appeared to take place shortly before 4pm Pacific Time, according to the website Tech Crunch. 

The FBI did not immediately respond to a message seeking comment. 

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected]

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Source: Read Full Article