Two directors at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s new charity foundation quit their roles – including one poached from Prince William and Kate Middleton just weeks ago
- Sara Latham was hired by Harry and Meghan as their head of communications
- Natalie Campbell was employed as a director after stint at Royal Foundation
- But official records show they both resigned just 53 days into their posts
- It follows a string of other resignation in the Sussex team, including nannies
Two directors of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s foundation have quit their roles, including a former advisor to Hilary Clinton.
Harry and Meghan have lost a string of workers, including private securities, a bodyguard, personal assistant and nannies to baby Archie.
But now official records show head of communications Sara Latham and director Natalie Campbell resigned just 53 days into their posts at Sussex Royal.
Companies House documents show both workers, two of Meghan’s so-called ‘wise women’ left their posts with the charitable foundation on August 22.
Buckingham Palace has refused to comment on the resignations, but a royal source claims the pair were only given director status temporarily for legal reasons and now they are no longer directors – but still have the same job and remain employed by the Sussexes.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have had two members of staff resign – former Hilary Clinton advisor Sara Latham (left) and director Natalie Campbell (right)
Harry and Meghan (pictured at a London film premiere July 14) have lost a string of workers, including private securities, a bodyguard, personal assistant and nannies to baby Archie
Ms Latham worked for both Bill and Hillary Clinton in the States and in the UK was a special adviser to the late Tessa Jowell, the Labour Culture Secretary.
Sources previously said her biggest challenge was convincing Harry and Meghan that the ‘men in grey suits’ the prince hates so much have their best interests at heart.
Natalie Campbell was poached from Kate and William’s foundation and was instead employed by the Sussexes as ‘director of insight and innovation’.
The ‘social entrepreneur had worked closely with Meghan on her cookbook designed for the survivors of Grenfell fire.
Speaking at the time, sources close to the Cambridges said: ‘Her loss will be keenly felt by the Cambridges.’
Natalie Campbell (right) was poached from Kate (second right) and William’s foundation and was instead employed by the Sussexes as ‘director of insight and innovation’
Her Twitter bio does not mention her job, but reads: ‘Doing my bit to make at least one life better and having fun along the way…’
Another former employee of Kate and William, Fiona Mcilwham, has recently brought in to help out with operation Sussex and the private jet media backlash.
Harry and Meghan were heavily criticised for taking four private jets in 11 days after promising to only have ‘maximum two children’ to reduce their carbon footprint.
But Ms Mcilwham, ho became one of the youngest British ambassadors in history when she was appointed to Albania in 2009 aged 35, has been described as the ‘safest pair of hands you can get’.
The Sussexes are believed to be on their third nanny for baby Archie, too.
The first was reportedly ‘sacked for being unprofessional’, while a second was hired exclusively to work on nights and weekends.
Another former employee of Kate and William, Fiona Mcilwham (pictured), has recently brought in to help out with operation Sussex and the private jet media backlash
Meghan has lost a growing number of staff since she married into the royal family in May 2018 – including a bodyguard, personal assistant and private secretary.
Her PA Melissa Touabti quit after just six months over claims she had been reduced to tears.
There were further reports of Meghan’s 5am phone calls and constant demands.
A few weeks later, the couple’s private secretary, Samantha Cohen, left her role after 17 years with the Royal family.
And in January Meghan’s female bodyguard departed after just six months.
Last summer, Harry lost a private secretary in Ed Lane Fox.
Discussing the most recent resignations, a source told the Daily Star: ‘It’s unusual for long-standing, loyal members of the Royal Family’s inner circle to be dropping like flies.
‘If behavioural issue are to blame, hopefully these latest departures will have the Duke and Duchess both reassessing their priorities.’
Meghan’s three wise women
Heather Wong, pictured, previously worked in the Obama administration and was poached from Milltown Partners
Crisis expert with Obama link
Heather Wong, deputy private secretary: Rumoured to be moving on soon, she started work for Harry as his assistant private secretary but has also been seen at Meghan’s side too.
Glamorous, with an eye-wateringly impressive CV, she has focused on building the couple’s initiatives across areas including conservation, mental health and HIV/Aids.
She was poached from Milltown Partners, a rather secretive business working in ‘behind the scenes’ PR, crisis communications and ‘reputational management’ set up by Prince Charles’s former spin doctor Paddy Harverson.
Miss Wong previously worked in the Obama administration as deputy assistant secretary of public affairs at the Department of Homeland Security.
Former ambassador Fiona Mcilwham, pictured, has recently been appointed as private secretary by the royal couple
Star with diplomatic touch
Fiona Mcilwham, private secretary: In 21 years at the Foreign Office she has built up a wealth of international experience – perfect for the couple who see themselves as ‘global citizens’ as well as royal ambassadors. Her interest in women’s rights will no doubt have scored points with Meghan, too.
‘Harry and Meghan have felt frustrated by the one-size fits all approach to being a working royal and are aiming their star far higher,’ said a source. ‘It is clear they think Fiona is the person to do that.
‘Internally, the hope is, as someone with enormous diplomatic experience, she will also understand that, whether you like it or not, there are limitations to being a royal for a very good reason.’
Sara Latham, pictured, has previously worked for the Clintons in America
PR chief facing a tough task
Sara Latham, head of communications: Feisty but well-liked and impeccably connected, the US-born PR supremo has her work cut out for her.
Harry and Meghan’s first year of marriage has been dogged by very public fallings out with her father and the Cambridges as accusations of hypocrisy – preaching a green message while flying in a private jet.
She worked for both Bill and Hillary Clinton in the States and in the UK was a special adviser to the late Tessa Jowell, the Labour Culture Secretary.
Sources say her biggest challenge is convincing Harry and Meghan that the ‘men in grey suits’ the prince hates so much have their best interests at heart.
Source: Read Full Article