A MAN did not release he had been shot after a gun was fired because he thought his wound was caused by a cat scratch.
Nemi Chand, 35, was asleep in a room in Rajasthan, northern India when he felt a slight pain and thought it was the animal scratching at his side to wake him.
The electrical lineman ignored the injury and had no idea it was actually a bullet penetrating his body towards the bottom of his rib cage.
He was sleeping in a room with three other linemen after checking some faulty lines together.
None of them heard the gun go off.
But seven hours later, a friend discovered an empty bullet shell leading Nemi to suspect that his wound was not a cat scratch before going to hospital.
An x-ray revealed the bullet lodged under Nemi’s skin had just avoided his vital organs.
He was taken into surgery to have it removed under general anesthetic on Friday morning.
Footage taken inside the operating theatre shows a surgeon prising open Nemi’s skin to pop out the stubborn bullet.
Orthopedics surgeons Dr. Vardharam Dewasi and Dr. Narseeram are then seen thoroughly washing out the wound with sterilising fluid to prevent infection.
The Raniwara police are treating the case as attempted murder and further investigations are ongoing.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?
Email us at [email protected] or call 02077824104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours
Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.
Source: Read Full Article