VIRGINIA Roberts Giuffre has launched a legal battle against Prince Andrew accusing him of sexually abusing her at Jeffrey Epstein’s mansion. 

The 38-year-old is suing the Duke of York over allegations that he abused her once at the disgraced financiers Manhattan home and another location while she was under 18, according to court records. 

Her lawsuit comes almost two years to the day that Epstein, 66, was found dead in a New York jail awaiting trial for conspiracy and child sex trafficking charges.

Prince Andrew, 61, has always denied any allegations that he had sexual contact with Ms Giuffre or that he had any knowledge of Epstein’s wrongdoing.

Her lawsuit also come just days before the expiration date of a New York state law which allows alleged victims of sexual abuse as kids to file civil claims that could be blocked by the statue of limitations.

Read our Prince Andrew live blog below for the latest updates

  • John Hall

    PRINCE ANDREW SUED BY EPSTEIN VICTIM VIRGINIA ROBERTS

    VIRGINIA Roberts Giuffre has launched a legal battle against Prince Andrew accusing him of sexually abusing her at Jeffrey Epstein’s mansion. 

    The 38-year-old is suing the Duke of York over allegations that he abused her once at the disgraced financiers Manhattan home and another location while she was under 18, according to court records. 

    Her lawsuit comes almost two years to the day that Epstein, 66, was found dead in a New York jail awaiting trial for conspiracy and child sex trafficking charges.

    Prince Andrew, 61, has always denied any allegations that he had sexual contact with Ms Giuffre or that he had any knowledge of Epstein’s wrongdoing.

    Her lawsuit also come just days before the expiration date of a New York state law which allows alleged victims of sexual abuse as kids to file civil claims that could be blocked by the statue of limitations. 

    Giuffre’s lawyers, Davide Boies told ABC News: “If she doesn’t do it now, she would be allowing him to escape any accountability for his actions. “And Virginia is committed to trying to avoid situations where rich and powerful people escape any accountability for their actions.”

  • John Hall

    CHASING ANDY

    Prince Andrew, 61, has always denied any allegations that he had sexual contact with Ms Giuffre or that he had any knowledge of Epstein's wrongdoing.

    Andrew is named as the only defendant in the 15-page suit, brought under New York state's Child Victims Act, though Epstein and his former girlfriend Maxwell are mentioned frequently throughout.

    It is the first time he has been subject to a lawsuit over the case since the allegations against him were made public ten years ago.

    Ms Giuffre is seeking unknown amounts of compensation and punitive damages over the allegations. 

    Questions are now swirling about what is next for Andrew – with the Duke not enjoying the same diplomatic immunity held by his mum, The Queen.

    US officials have previously said they are not seeking to extradite Andrew, and this may not apply to Ms Giuffre's case as it is civil suit rather than a criminal prosecution.

    However, Andrew may avoid ever setting foot in the US again

  • John Hall

    TIME TO TALK

    Ms Giuffre, 37, has until Saturday to lodge a multi-million-dollar lawsuit claiming she was “lent out to Andrew for sex” by his late US paedophile tycoon pal Jeffrey Epstein when she was under 18.

    Her lawyer David Boies said this week: “Time’s up."

    The Prince emphatically denies her allegations.

  • John Hall

    QUESTIONABLE CONNECTION

    Prince Andrew has been advised by the ex-lawyer of rapist Harvey Weinstein.

    The news emerged last night as sex accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre threatens to sue the royal.

    Blair Berk, 57, known for solving stars’ legal scrapes, was consulted by representatives of the Duke of York, 61, The Sun can reveal.

    She was hired by shamed film mogul Weinstein in 2017 before he was jailed for rape and sex assault following a string of #MeToo claims by film actresses.

    Ms Berk has also worked for Kanye West, Lindsay Lohan and acted for Mel Gibson after he unleashed an anti-Jewish tirade when stopped by traffic cops.

    It is not known if she is still working on Andrew’s behalf.

  • John Hall

    ANDREW SUED BY VIRGINIA GIUFFRE (CONTINUED…)

    According to reports the lawsuit is accusing Prince Andrew of sexual assault and “intentional” emotional distress. 

    Ms Giuffre is also seeking unknown amounts of compensation and punitive damages over the allegations. 

    The lawsuit also states:  “Twenty years ago, Prince Andrew’s wealth, power, position, and connections enabled him to abuse a frightened, vulnerable child with no one there to protect her. It is long past the time for him to be held to account.”

  • John Hall

    PRINCE ANDREW SUED BY EPSTEIN VICTIM VIRGINIA ROBERTS IN LAWSUIT ACCUSING HIM OF SEXUALLY ABUSING HER AS A TEENAGER

    VIRGINIA Roberts Giuffre has launched a legal battle against Prince Andrew accusing him of sexually abusing her at Jeffrey Epstein’s mansion. 

    The 38-year-old is suing the Duke of York over allegations that he abused her once at the disgraced financiers Manhattan home and another location while she was under 18, according to court records. 

    Her lawsuit comes almost two years to the day that Epstein, 66, was found dead in a New York jail awaiting trial for conspiracy and child sex trafficking charges.

    Prince Andrew, 61, has always denied any allegations that he had sexual contact with Ms Giuffre or that he had any knowledge of Epstein’s wrongdoing.

    Her lawsuit also come just days before the expiration date of a New York state law which allows alleged victims of sexual abuse as kids to file civil claims that could be blocked by the statue of limitations. 

    Giuffre’s lawyers, Davide Boies told ABC News: “If she doesn’t do it now, she would be allowing him to escape any accountability for his actions. “And Virginia is committed to trying to avoid situations where rich and powerful people escape any accountability for their actions.”

  • John Hall

    CHASING ANDY

    Prince Andrew, 61, has always denied any allegations that he had sexual contact with Ms Giuffre or that he had any knowledge of Epstein's wrongdoing.

    Andrew is named as the only defendant in the 15-page suit, brought under New York state's Child Victims Act, though Epstein and his former girlfriend Maxwell are mentioned frequently throughout.

    It is the first time he has been subject to a lawsuit over the case since the allegations against him were made public ten years ago.

    Ms Giuffre is seeking unknown amounts of compensation and punitive damages over the allegations. 

    Questions are now swirling about what is next for Andrew – with the Duke not enjoying the same diplomatic immunity held by his mum, The Queen.

    US officials have previously said they are not seeking to extradite Andrew, and this may not apply to Ms Giuffre's case as it is civil suit rather than a criminal prosecution.

    However, Andrew may avoid ever setting foot in the US again

  • John Hall

    TIME TO TALK

    Ms Giuffre, 37, has until Saturday to lodge a multi-million-dollar lawsuit claiming she was “lent out to Andrew for sex” by his late US paedophile tycoon pal Jeffrey Epstein when she was under 18.

    Her lawyer David Boies said this week: “Time’s up."

    The Prince emphatically denies her allegations.

  • John Hall

    QUESTIONABLE CONNECTION

    Prince Andrew has been advised by the ex-lawyer of rapist Harvey Weinstein.

    The news emerged last night as sex accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre threatens to sue the royal.

    Blair Berk, 57, known for solving stars’ legal scrapes, was consulted by representatives of the Duke of York, 61, The Sun can reveal.

    She was hired by shamed film mogul Weinstein in 2017 before he was jailed for rape and sex assault following a string of #MeToo claims by film actresses.

    Ms Berk has also worked for Kanye West, Lindsay Lohan and acted for Mel Gibson after he unleashed an anti-Jewish tirade when stopped by traffic cops.

    It is not known if she is still working on Andrew’s behalf.

  • John Hall

    ANDREW SUED BY VIRGINIA GIUFFRE (CONTINUED…)

    According to reports the lawsuit is accusing Prince Andrew of sexual assault and “intentional” emotional distress. 

    Ms Giuffre is also seeking unknown amounts of compensation and punitive damages over the allegations. 

    The lawsuit also states:  “Twenty years ago, Prince Andrew’s wealth, power, position, and connections enabled him to abuse a frightened, vulnerable child with no one there to protect her. It is long past the time for him to be held to account.”

  • John Hall

    PRINCE ANDREW SUED BY EPSTEIN VICTIM VIRGINIA ROBERTS IN LAWSUIT ACCUSING HIM OF SEXUALLY ABUSING HER AS A TEENAGER

    VIRGINIA Roberts Giuffre has launched a legal battle against Prince Andrew accusing him of sexually abusing her at Jeffrey Epstein’s mansion. 

    The 38-year-old is suing the Duke of York over allegations that he abused her once at the disgraced financiers Manhattan home and another location while she was under 18, according to court records. 

    Her lawsuit comes almost two years to the day that Epstein, 66, was found dead in a New York jail awaiting trial for conspiracy and child sex trafficking charges.

    Prince Andrew, 61, has always denied any allegations that he had sexual contact with Ms Giuffre or that he had any knowledge of Epstein’s wrongdoing.

    Her lawsuit also come just days before the expiration date of a New York state law which allows alleged victims of sexual abuse as kids to file civil claims that could be blocked by the statue of limitations. 

    Giuffre’s lawyers, Davide Boies told ABC News: “If she doesn’t do it now, she would be allowing him to escape any accountability for his actions. “And Virginia is committed to trying to avoid situations where rich and powerful people escape any accountability for their actions.”

    Source: Read Full Article