A DIRTY takeaway which was given a zero for hygiene has been described as "appalling" by health inspectors.

Photos have shown just how much grease and grime there was inside the Royal China restaurant in Banstead, Surrey.

The restaurant was inspected for food hygiene on December 4 last year, reports Surrey Live.

A health inspector found that the standard of cleaning to the structure and equipment was "very poor".

While having a Chinese takeaway is ever popular in the UK, it goes without saying this restaurant will certainly not be on your bucket list.

Royal China received the lowest score out of a possible five with the council producing a damning report.

The environmental health officer said that there were "deposits of grease, grime, and food debris [that] were evident everywhere".

Read More in News

Hundreds of victims get justice after forcing prosecutors to press charges

Popular tea brand favoured by unfaithful men – can you guess which one?

The report continued: "The overall conditions seen can only be described as appalling and presents a serious risk of contamination to food.

"It is apparent that an acceptable standard of cleaning has not taken place for some considerable time.

"There are simply too many examples to detail individually".

According to the report, staff required refresher training to "at least level two food hygiene" as no labels were attached to pre-prepared items and raw products which poses as serious health risk.

Most read in News


Urgent search for man, 22, after student, 19, murdered inside uni halls


Russian corpses 'taken to Belarus to disguise death toll' of Ukraine invasion


Brits bask in 18C sun – and there's a TWO-WEEK heatwave around the corner


Two teenagers, 18, killed in crash after car ploughs into tree in Coventry

The officer said that widespread clutter and general housekeeping in the kitchen was poor which stops effective cleaning and encourages pests.

The report adds that "a layer of grease was on all of the surfaces" which meant not only was everything filthy but it presented a fire risk.

Grease was also found to be "running down the light fittings and out of the cracks in the kitchen".

Read More on The Sun

Urgent search for man, 22, after student, 19, murdered inside uni halls

There are NO free range eggs in shops from next week – here’s why

A "heavily soiled toilet brush" was even found by the unlucky health inspector.

Storerooms and the kitchen were also advised to be redecorated and deep cleaned such was the level of uncleanliness.

    Source: Read Full Article