Girl, 13, died after Lucozade was ‘laced with ecstasy’: Family claim daughter’s drink she bought from local shop was spiked as inquest hears death was due to ‘extremely high level’ of party drug
- Eboney Cheshire, 13, died after suffering seizure at home in Rainhall, Merseyside
- Hours before she was rushed to hospital, Eboney left the house to buy Lucozade
- Mother Kerry Williams insisted that her daughter didn’t take the drugs herself
- She claimed the ‘bottle was laced with drugs’ and blasted police investigation
A 13-year-old schoolgirl died from taking an ‘extremely high level’ of ecstasy – as her family insist the Lucozade she bought from a local shop was ‘laced’ with the party drug.
Eboney Cheshire died after suffering a seizure at home in Rainhall, Merseyside, in December 2018, an inquest heard.
Hours earlier, Eboney bought Lucozade, Monster Munch crisps and noodles from a local convenience store.
Her mother Kerry Williams has insisted that her daughter didn’t take the drugs herself, instead claiming her ‘bottle was laced with drugs’.
Mrs Williams blasted the police investigation into the death – which identified no suspects – and said insisted the circumstances were ‘suspicious’.
Eboney Cheshire, 13, (left) died from taking an ‘extremely high level’ of ecstasy – as her mother Kerry Williams (right with Ebony) insists the Lucozade the teen bought from a local shop was ‘laced’ with the party drug
Eboney – a pupil at Rainhill High School – was suffering cold-like symptoms and was kept off school by her mother in the days leading up to her death on December 2, 2018.
She had been given paracetamol for her condition and appeared to improve – but was grounded at home while not attending school, the inquest at Bootle Coroner’s Court heard.
Mrs Williams left for work on December 2 and when she returned to their home that evening there was a slight ‘verbal altercation’ about the lack of tidying up at the house.
The family went to bed, but mother-of-two Mrs Williams was woken up by a noise and found Eboney having a seizure in her bed, with her eyes rolling back.
An ambulance was called and it was initially believed she was having a seizure due to her raised temperature linked to her cold-like symptoms.
Eboney Cheshire (left, as a young girl, and right) died after suffering a seizure at home in Rainhall, Merseyside, in December 2018, an inquest heard. Hours earlier, Eboney bought Lucozade, Monster Munch crisps and noodles from a local convenience store.
At Whiston Hospital, it was established that Ebony’s condition was drug-induced and she tragically died.
Merseyside Police Detective Inspector Leanne Hoban confirmed that police had not identified any offenders for drugs supply crimes.
The enquiry into Eboney’s death has now been concluded, it was added.
Mrs Williams previously told how she believed her daughter must have come into contact with the drug when she went to the local shops on the evening before she died.
She has questioned whether she met a friend – or someone else – who dared or pressured her into taking the drug, or whether someone spiked her.
A post mortem examination conducted by Dr Brian Rogers said Eboney had a temperature of 41.2C.
Mrs Williams had noted how Eboney’s arms were tensing and she was also sweating.
Toxicology reports revealed an ‘extremely high level of MDMA, or ecstasy, in a level lying above the range of which fatalities have been reported.’
A cause of death ecstasy toxicity was given.
Coroner Julie Goulding said an ‘extensive investigation’ had led to no arrests for the supply of drugs to Eboney and the 13-year-old had taken the substance herself.
Peter Williams, Ebony’s grandfather, told the hearing: ‘I don’t agree with this,’ and indicated his wish to appeal the coroner’s ruling.
Mrs Williams also spoke in court about her dissatisfaction with the police investigation, and added: ‘She didn’t do this to herself. Who puts ecstasy into a drink?’
Her mum claimed: ‘Her bottle was laced with drugs. You don’t realise how suspicious this is.’
Ms Goulding said there was no other conclusion she could reach other than a drug-related death.
Eboney (pictured as a young girl)- a pupil at Rainhill High School – was suffering cold-like symptoms and was kept off school by her mother in the days leading up to her death on December 2, 2018
In December 2019, Mrs Williams described her daughter as ‘a very popular and bubbly character, forever making people laugh.’
She added: ‘Eboney oozed confidence, parents have praised me for the way I raised her, because their children had got bullied and Eboney was the one who took them under her wing, and protected them.
‘Nobody would really argue with Eboney as they all wanted to be her friend, she had so many good qualities, she was very clever, at the age of five or six she used to know every capital in the world, she even knew Madagascar.
‘She’d have the teachers in laughter, once when aged three she used the word ‘procrastination,’ and said, ‘my granddad taught me that’.
‘She was very bright and looking forward to her GCSEs. She wanted to be a doctor.
‘It’s the not knowing what happened, not having her in the house.’
Detective Inspector Leanne Hobin said: ‘Working closely with the Coroner’s Office, a full and thorough investigation was carried out into the circumstances surrounding Eboney’s death.
‘Despite pursuing every available line of enquiry, unfortunately, no arrests or charges were made in connection with the supply of drugs which took Eboney’s life.
‘The death of Eboney was absolutely tragic, and I can only begin to imagine how difficult the past two years have been for her family.
‘I offer them my sincere and continued condolences. We will continue to support them in any way we can going forward.’
Source: Read Full Article