More On:


NYC teacher cut loose after 2nd bust for alleged attack on cops at protests

Shooting blanks: De Blasio doubles down on vague answers as gunplay surges in NYC

Suspect armed with assault rifle arrested in Times Square subway station

The New AOC? Anti-cop activist seeks to oust longtime rep

The father of the teen busted with an AK-47 assault rifle inside a Times Square subway station was a felon who was killed in a shootout with Ohio police last month.

Andrew Teague, 43, was shot and killed by authorities in Columbus, Ohio, on Mar. 5 following a wild pursuit on Interstate 270.

Authorities were trying to arrest Teague for a felonious assault warrant related to a Feb. 2 incident before the deadly encounter, cops said.

Police pursued Teague for more than an hour, and in an attempt to flee, Teague drove the wrong way on I-270 and ultimately struck two other vehicles head-on within minutes.

Chief Deputy Jim Gilbert of the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office said Teague then got out of the vehicle and exchanged gunshots with a Columbus police officer and a deputy, WBNS-TV reported.

Teague — who had a lengthy rap sheet, including arrests for weapons possession, domestic violence, burglary and drug trafficking — was killed in the shootout. Investigators recovered a gun at the scene.

HK Woods, Teague’s cousin, told The Post by phone he’d been having issues with his parole officer and it “drove him to the edge.”

“He kind of went out the only way he could,” Woods said.

The man’s 18-year-old son, identified by New York City law enforcement sources as Saadiq Teague, was busted by NYPD cops Friday afternoon with an AK-47 assault rifle and a gas mask inside the Times Square subway station.

Saadiq, an Ohio resident, was taken into custody without incident at around 12:30 p.m. on the mezzanine level of the subway station off the A, C, and E line. He was not immediately charged.

Sources say the teen was sitting down and charging his cell phone inside the station with the weapon out next to him in plain sight when uniformed transit cops spotted him.

The AK-47 was unloaded, but the teen had a fully loaded magazine in his backpack, along with the gas mask, according to the sources.

Saadiq told police he thought carrying an unloaded rifle with the ammunition stored separately is legal in New York City, a high-ranking police source said.

The FBI was also involved in the investigation into the matter, sources said.

Woods said he’s lost touch with Saadiq in recent years but called him a good kid who enjoyed playing football.

An Ohio man who identified himself as Saadiq’s uncle was stunned by the news Friday.

“How the hell did he get into New York?” questioned the relative, Rennell Mahone, during a phone call with The Post before asking, “He had a gas mask in the subway station?”

Additional reporting by Joe Marino and Larry Celona

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article