A BRITISH man has been found dead at his Majorca home after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

The man's wife was rushed to hospital after cops found the couple lying unconscious in their bed on Saturday afternoon.

The man was tragically pronounced dead at the scene.

His wife is being treated at Manacor Hospital – the nearest hospital to the couple’s home in the village of Capdepera in the east of the island.

Her condition this morning was not immediately clear.

An investigation into the tragedy, led by the Civil Guard, is ongoing and the property has been sealed off with police tape.

Read more world news

Porn star Mia Khalifa exposes OnlyFans DMs where she ‘degrades men’

Chilling footage shows streets on fire as ‘Putin uses white phosphorous bombs’

Initial reports suggest the leak was caused by a faulty gas-powered fridge.

Sources said they were investigating the possibility deadly carbon monoxide gas had been seeping out all night while the couple slept in the main bedroom.

A relative is said to have called the police after sensing something was wrong because he couldn’t contact them.

Unconfirmed reports said the property belonged to the man’s dad – and the couple had only moved in a few days earlier.

Most read in The Sun


Harry grins at Heathrow as he jets to LA an hour after coronation


BGT fix row as 'shy' singer has secret TV career and starred in huge BBC drama


I’m a body language pro – Harry gave Will a ‘thunderous look’ at coronation


Three words Charles whispered to William during touching moment at coronation

Their ages have not yet been confirmed.

The tragedy comes less than five month after a British couple were found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning on the Spanish island.

Michael Rowan, 62, and his 56-year-old partner Sharon Price were found lifeless at their property near the picturesque town of Selva, less than an hour’s drive from Capdepera, on December 19 last year.

Their worried UK-based son had got someone to go round and check on them.

A post-mortem confirmed they died of carbon monoxide poisoning at the farmhouse they had moved to the previous year.

Their bodies laid undiscovered for two days.

Source: Read Full Article