Two Lost vets are staging a frightening reunion: Harold Perrineau, who portrayed Michael Dawson on the ABC drama, has been cast in Epix’s contemporary sci-fi horror series From, which reteams him with Lost director/executive producer Jack Bender, our sister site Deadline reports.
The show is about a town in middle America that traps all those who enter — and whose residents fear terrifying creatures that come out of the surrounding forest when the sun goes down. Perrineau will play the town’s sheriff, who searches for a way to escape this seemingly inescapable nightmare. Bender — who helmed 39 Lost installments — is set to direct the first four episodes of From.
Perrineau’s other TV credits include The Rookie, Claws, Star and Constantine.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
Popular on TVLine
* Jessica Williams (2 Dope Queens) and Chris “Comedian CP” Powell (Detroiters) have joined HBO Max’s Love Life in series-regular roles for Season 2, which stars William Jackson Harper (The Good Place). Additionally, Janet Hubert (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) will recur as the mother of Harper’s character.
* Epix has greenlit Billy the Kid, written by Michael Hirst (Vikings) and set to commence production this June with an eye towards a 2022 premiere. The series is described as an epic romantic adventure based on the life of the titular American outlaw, also known as William H. Bonney.
* Liza On Demand — YouTube’s last scripted original series — will end with Season 3, premiering this fall.
* IMDb TV has ordered On Call, a half-hour drama from Law & Order overlord Dick Wolf. Each episode follows a pair of police officers on patrol in Long Beach, Calif., as they respond to a new radio call. IMDb TV has also given a series order to High School, based on Tegan and Sara’s memoir of the same name, with Clea DuVall set to write and direct multiple episodes.
* Luke Evans (The Alienist) has joined the Apple TV+ action-thriller Echo 3, about what happens after a brilliant young female scientist goes missing along the Colombia-Venezuela border.
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?
Source: Read Full Article