Ricky Gervais is warning snowflakes not to watch the new series of After Life because it will be too shocking for them.
The comic, 60, filmed scenes that he thinks will upset viewers who are easily offended.
It is so outrageous that he is stunned it was given the green light to be aired by Netflix chiefs.
He told the Daily Star Sunday: “Series two was bad enough, but in series three, there are two of the cast who do the worst thing I’ve ever seen made for television.
“I was cutting it down and thinking, ‘Even Netflix won’t put that out’.”
Fearless Ricky is thrilled the controversial scene wasn’t cut and he can’t wait for it to be seen by the show’s millions of fans.
He added: “I am very pleased with it. It is nearly finished and it’s the best one yet. Every single person in the cast is incredible. We did it through Covid so it’s a double pleasure that we got it done.
“It’s so fun to work with them. They make it easy. It’s so fun all the time, genuinely. We laugh every day. We really do.
“Every single person in the cast is incredible… and I take all the credit!”
The new series is set to be a Christmas present for fans.
Ricky has revealed it will be available on Netflix over the festive period.
He said: “It will be out as close to Christmas as we can do it or just after. The dog does not die. That’s the only spoiler I’ll give!”
After Life, which also stars Penelope Wilton, has become a global sensation since launching in 2019.
Ricky’s performance as suicidal reporter Tony Johnson has been praised by critics and fans.
And earlier this month it beat long-running hit The Vicar of Dibley to win the comedy gong at the National Television Awards.
Ricky can’t believe how successful it has become.
He said: “I am still surprised by the reaction. It’s a show about a man who wants to kill himself because his wife dies of cancer. And people go, ‘OK, this sounds funny’.”
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
Source: Read Full Article