CRISTIANO RONALDO and Portugal commence their World Cup qualifying campaign against Azerbaijan.
The Portuguese will be keen to get off to a winning start with Ireland, Serbia and Luxembourg the other teams in their group.
And Cristiano Ronaldo will be keen to edge closer to Ali Daei's all-time international record of 109 goals, which he now sits just seven behind.
What time does Portugal vs Azerbaijan kick off?
- Portugal vs Azerbaijan takes place on Wednesday, March 24 – TONIGHT.
- The match kicks off at 7.45pm in the UK and Portugal, 8.45pm in Italy and 11.45pm in Azerbaijan.
- It will be played at the Juventus Stadium in Turin.
- The game was moved from Portugal due to concerns that Premier League players would be forced to quarantine in a hotel on return to the UK.
- Last time the sides met, Portugal were 2-0 winners in a World Cup qualifier in Baku back in 2013.
What TV channel is Portugal vs Azerbaijan on and can I live stream it?
- Portugal vs Azerbaijan is live on the Sky Sports Red Button.
- To stream the game live head to Sky Go.
- Non-Sky Sports subscribers can watch all the action with a Now TV Day Pass.
Rui Patricio has been ruled out of this round of internationals after picking up a horrific head injury for Wolves against Liverpool.
Anthony Lopes of Lyon is likely to deputise between the sticks.
Pepe, William Carvalho, Francisco Trincao and Nelson Semedo are all out for Portugal.
Azerbaijan captain Maksim Medvedev will arrive late to his team's camp for personal reasons but is expected to start in Turin.
- The Sun
GOOD EVENING FROM JUVENTUS STADIUM
Good evening and welcome back to our live coverage of the FIFA World Cup Qualifier between Portugal and Azerbaijan. The Road to Qatar starts now.
We’re excited to see what Portugal can produce as they begin their qualifying campaign and will Cristiano Ronaldo edge closer to Ali Daei’s all-time international record of 109 goals?
The last time these sides met was back in 2013 where Portugal dominated with a 2-0 win in the world qualifier in Baku and with Portugal having already beaten Azerbaijan five times previously.
We won’t see Rui Patricio playing for Portugal after a head injury picked up whilst playing for the Wolves against Liverpool. It’s likely that we will instead see Anthony Lopes in goal this evening.
Azerbaijan’s captain Maksim Medvedev arrived late to his team’s camp for personal reasons but is expected to start in Turin.
We’re also excited to see what up-and-coming players Joao Felix for Portugal and Qara Qarayev for Azerbaijan will have to offer in tonight’s game.
The match kicks off at 7.45pm in the UK and Portugal, 8.45pm in Italy and 11.45pm in Azerbaijan.
Source: Read Full Article