NETFLIX have reportedly pulled the plug on their upcoming Vince McMahon documentary amid claims that the WWE chief paid $12million in sexual misconduct hush money to four women.
The streaming service were already “deep in post-production” and are said to have spent “millions” on the highly-anticipated project.
However, Denise Salcedo claims that the documentary on the billionaire’s life has now been axed following the shock allegations that have emerged over the past month.
The WWE chief, 76, last month stepped down from the organisation after an investigation was opened into whether he paid off a female employee to keep their affair a secret.
McMahon then delivered a defiant message in his character as WWE boss live on Smackdown amid the investigation.
Daughter Stephanie McMahon replaced him pending the outcome of the probe.
READ MORE WWE
WWE legend Batista, 53, shows off stunning 30-year body transformation
Valerie Loureda stuns in one-piece bikini as new WWE star calls out Ronda Rousey
He returned to TV, despite the scandal, to celebrate John Cena’s 20-year anniversary with the company last week.
The Wall Street Journal then suggested that the allegations are more far-reaching than previously revealed.
The Journal alleges that McMahon agreed to pay upwards of $12million over the past 16 years to four women.
All the women involved are alleged to be formally affiliated with the WWE.
Most read in Sport
Prince George reveals who he was supporting in final on trip to Wimbledon
I'm the fan Nick Kyrgios accused of having '700 drinks'… here's what I'd drank
Raphinha transfer news: Bookies suspend betting with Barca set to beat Chelsea
Bernie Ecclestone charged with fraud after 'failing to declare £400m'
The Journal reveals previously unreported settlements, which include a $7.5million payment to a former wrestler.
The unnamed woman claims McMahon demoted her and declined to renew her contract in 2005 after she resisted continuing a sexual relationship with him.
It is alleged the woman and her attorneys negotiated the settlement with McMahon in 2018.
WWE kingpin Vince gave a cryptic message in his ring persona Mr McMahon on SmackDown on June 17, addressing WWE fans directly.
He said: "It is a privilege as always to stand before you tonight – the WWE universe.
"It's especially a privilege to stand here in this ring in Minnesota.
"I'm here simply to remind you of the four words we just saw, the WWE signature – then, now, forever, together."
Since the initial allegations, McMahon has been giving public appearances and was spotted cage-side at UFC 276 in Las Vegas last weekend.
McMahon's attorney did not respond to a request for comment from The Sun, while neither did WWE when asked after the reports surfaced.
Source: Read Full Article