MANCHESTER CITY are reportedly yet to launch a fresh transfer offer for Harry Kane, having seen their initial bid rejected by Tottenham.
The England striker, 28, is top of Pep Guardiola's wishlist following the Premier League champions' opening day defeat to Spurs.
A sale is not on Tottenham's agenda but Kane has told the club that he wants to leave.
City have been strongly linked with a move and a nine-figure bid said to be worth £120m was launched last week, according to transfer journalist Fabrizio Romano.
But it is said that there has been no change in the Manchester club's offer since.
SunSport revealed on Wednesday morning that Kane's camp is increasingly expectant of a breakthrough in negotiations.
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy wants around £160m for his star forward.
The saga has led to the club and player's relationship deteriorating with differing claims over whether he had permission to extend his post-Euro 2020 holiday in Florida and the Bahamas.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
Kane returned to training late last week and missed the victory over City.
It has been anticipated that he will feature against Pacos de Ferreira in Thursday's Europa Conference League qualifier.
Yet a Spurs video of the squad departing for Portugal did not feature the homegrown hero.
Manager Nuno Espirito Santo has refused to put a timescale on the start of Kane's season.
He said on the weekend: "We still have to go to Portugal and then we think about Wolves [on Sunday].
"He's just continuing his preparations.
"The delay, all these things, I think Harry needs to work. He'll keep working until he is ready to help the team."
⚽ Read our Transfer news live blog for the very latest rumours, gossip and done deals
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
Source: Read Full Article