CHELSEA kick off their 2021 with a HUGE Premier League clash at home to Manchester City today.
Both sides are looking to maintain their places in and around the top four in the table and victory for either side at Stamford Bridge would put them in good stead to do so.
What time does Chelsea vs Man City kick-off?
- Chelsea's big clash with Man City will get underway from 4.30pm UK time on Sunday, January 3.
- The game will be played in London at Stamford Bridge,
- There will be no supporters in attendance as the capital is currently in tier 4 of the government's coronavirus restrictions.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- City's visit to Chelsea will be shown live on Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Main Event.
- The action is available for live streaming from the Sky Go or NOW TV apps, both of which can be downloaded onto your mobile or tablet device.
- You can also watch the game from a Smart TV, so long as it carries NOW TV.
City will be without striker Gabriel Jesus for the game because he tested positive for coronavirus.
Kyle Walker also tested positive for the virus as City's last fixture with Everton had to be postponed because of an outbreak.
Eric Garcia is also out of the game with a muscle injury.
Chelsea boss Lampard has said that Hakim Ziyech could return against City but it's still doubtful.
Reece James may also miss out as he has a hamstring strain, though Lampard is hopeful he can take part.
- Chelsea – 2/1
- Draw – 5/2
- Man City – 6/5
*Odds courtesy of Ladbrokes and correct at time of publication.
- Joshua Mbu
And welcome to the live blog for Chelsea vs Manchester City!
The Blues start of 2021 with a massive Premier League clash against top four rivals Man City.
Both sides are looking to start off the new year with a win, which would keep them within touching distance of league leaders Liverpool.
Chelsea’s last match came against league high-flyers Aston Villa who held them to a draw and for City, they last featured on Boxing Day in a comfortable victory over Newcastle.
Despite both Kai Havertz and Timo Werner struggling to hold down first-team places, only Liverpool (37) have scored more than Chelsea this season (31).
It’s never good to get hit with a mid-season Covid-19 outbreak within the squad, and Man City’s last fixture which was meant to be against Everton got called off as a result.
Pep Guardiola’s City have struggled in front of goal this season, only scoring 21 goals (lowest amount in the top half of the table).
And Sergio Aguero as well as Jesus are struggling to make an impact.
However, on the flip side, City have conceded the fewest amount of goals (12) in the league this season with Ruben Dias forming quite the partnership with John Stones.
It’ll be interesting to see what side Guardiola fields today, and who is missing!
The full team news should be out in about half an hour’s time, so don’t go anywhere!
Source: Read Full Article