ARSENAL's summer transfer dealings are over – and there was drama on Deadline Day as they secured their top target.
Thomas Partey's £45million release clause was activated by the Gunners with just hours of the window left open, leaving Atletico Madrid furious.
Mikel Arteta's side are looking to get back into the Champions League this season and will be hopeful of doing just that after a busy window.
Arsenal transfers in
Gunners fans went into Deadline Day hoping to land Partey after the disappointment of missing out on Houssem Aouar.
Earlier in the window, Willian had been snapped up on a free transfer to provide much needed creativity from the wings.
While Gabriel, Pablo Mari and Cedric Soares have been drafted in to shore up a leaky backline.
Here's all the players who arrived at the Emirates over the course of the window:
- Thomas Partey (Atletico Madrid)
- Pablo Mari (Flamengo loan made permanent)
- Cedric Soares (Southampton)
- Willian (Chelsea, free)
- Gabriel Magalhaes (Lille)
- Runar Alex Runarsson (Dijon)
- Dani Ceballos (Real Madrid, loan)
- George Lewis (Larvik)
- Tim Akinola (Huddersfield)
- Salah-Eddine (Feyenoord)
- Jonathan Dinzeyi (Tottenham)
Arsenal transfers out
The squad needed a trim with the amount of incomings – and it's safe to say that Arsenal have been ruthless in that regard.
Out of favour Henrikh Mkhitaryan has made a permanent switch to Roma, while Lucas Torreira left on Deadline Day to join Atletico Madrid.
Matteo Guendouzi has struggled to fit into the team since an infamous bust-up at Brighton, while Emiliano Martinez left for Villa to get first-team football.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Roma)
- Lucas Torreira (Atletico Madrid, loan)
- Matteo Guendouzi (Hertha Berlin, loan)
- Daniel Ballard (Blackpool, loan)
- Robbie Burton (Dinamo Zagreb)
- Matthew Dennis (Released)
- Tobi Omole (Released)
- Konstantinos Mavropanos (Stuttgart, loan)
- Zech Medley (Gillingham, loan)
- Zak Swanson (MVV Maastricht, loan)
- Trae Coyle (Gillingham, loan)
- Jordi Osei-Tutu (Cardiff, loan)
- Sam Greenwood (Leeds)
- Ben Sheaf (Coventry City, loan)
- Matt Smith (Swindon Town, loan)
- Tyreece John-Jules (Doncaster, loan)
- Emiliano Martinez (Aston Villa)
- Mark McGuinness (Ipswich, loan)
Arsenal full 25-man squad
Clubs have to submit their final 25-man squads to the Premier League by Tuesday, October 20.
Currently, the Gunners have two more non-homegrown players than the rules allows – and Arteta has therefore got some tough decisions to make.
Two senior players will have to make way, with shock reports suggesting Mesut Ozil could be CUT.
The final 25-man squad list list must feature a maximum of 17, and a minimum of eight, non-homegrown players.
Premier League clubs can still sell players to EFL sides until October 16, but no deals are currently thought to be in the pipeline.
Source: Read Full Article