AS she finished setting up her brand new living room earlier this year, Syd Sacks' felt like a neon sign was the one thing that would pull it all together.

After ordering a pink light installation from Etsy, the TikTok user was chuffed to pieces with how well the interiors worked together – but within 14 hours, it all came crashing down.

In a series of viral TikToks, Sydney revealed that the trendy neon sign – which read "Let's Stay Home" – set her flat on fire

"Moved into my new apartment and my neon sign burnt it down 14 hours later," she explained.

Shared shocking before-and-after photos of the damage the sign caused, Sydney zoomed in on the hole in the wall, her trashed sofa and the bathroom which was flooded by the sprinkler system.

But in a follow-up video, Sydney explained that luckily no one was hurt in the fire and she and her dog were out at the time.

Although she didn't want to name and shame the Etsy seller, Syd said: "I did my research and they had over 10,000 reviews and all of them were really good so I thought I could trust this seller and the sign that I was getting.

"So I fully moved in on a Saturday and then the next day, I got a text from a few friends asking if I wanted to meet them for lunch real quick."

As Syd's parents live in the same building, she (fortunately) left her dog with them and went out to meet her friends – but forgot to turn the light off before she left.

She continued: "But here's the thing – I texted my friends to say, 'I'm leaving now' at 12:04.

"And in the official fire report, it says that the sprinklers in my apartment starting going off at 12:13. So that was a nine minute difference.

"No my apartment didn't burn down but there was a lot of water damage which pretty much ruined all my furniture but yes I did have renters insurance luckily!

"And luckily, nobody got hurt which is the most important thing."

After inspecting the sign, the fire marshal found the outlet probably wasn't to blame – instead, they suspect that it got so hot that it fell off the wall and onto Syd's sofa which caused it to spread further.

Although the sprinkler system put out the fire, Syd's flat was rendered totally unlivable as a result of smoke and water damage – and she revealed that she's moved back in with her parents while the place is being fixed.

"New apartment rule," one viewer replied. "NO NEON SIGNS."

Another added: "It's so ironic the sign says 'Let's Stay Home'."

"I have a neon sign and now absolutely terrified," a third wrote. "NEW FEAR UNLOCKED."

Neon Sign Guidance

  • Never leave a neon sign unattended
  • Keep away from children and flammable household items
  • Never cover your neon sign to avoid overheating
  • Do not overload the plug socket it is connected to
  • Never modify the sign yourself

Source: Neon Creations

For more viral stories, this woman was left cringing after neighbour complains about her ‘singing’ at 1am – but that’s not the reason for high-pitched squeals.

And mum shared her epic cleaning transformation ahead of landlord inspection – but gets slammed for being ‘too messy’.

Plus this millionaire teen who spends £2k on one night out leaves family hungry after failing £5 food budget on Rich Kids Go Skint.

    Source: Read Full Article