Gary Barlow recalls awkward moment with taxi driver
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Gary Barlow shared the news with his 846,000 followers on Thursday. Using the social media platform’s Story feature, he wrote: “Just home from a lovely family break.
We said goodbye to our Emily who goes off to Uni for 4 years!
“We said goodbye to our Emily who goes off to Uni for 4 years! [crying emoji]”
The Take That star added: “But we all had fun – relaxed and now I’m ready for another crazy year!!!!!!”
Gary has been married to his wife Dawn Andrews since 2000.
They share three children: Daniel, 21, Emily, 19, and Daisy, 12.
Despite the pandemic, 2021 proved to be another busy year for the father-of-three, having fronted his own BBC show, I’m With the Band, back in June.
The 50-year-old later released his sixth studio and his first Christmas album, the Dream of Christmas, in November, followed with a deluxe edition that included an additional five songs to the 11-track project.
The following month, Gary served as one of the four judges on ITV’s new talent show Walk The Line, alongside Craig David, Alesha Dixon and Dawn French.
To say that the Patience hitmaker kept himself busy despite the world crisis would clearly be an understatement.
In a recent interview with journalist Jay Rayner, Gary insisted that broadcasters should focus their attention on bringing back more talent shows to our TV screens.
He recalled a conversation with show bosses, who told him that programmes centred around music don’t work on telly anymore.
“We are in an age now, unfortunately, when I sit with broadcasters and they all say, ‘Music does not work on TV anymore’.
“I never know what they mean by that.”
Gary replaced Simon Cowell as the head judge on The X Factor when the latter headed stateside to kick off the short-lived US version on FOX.
Emmerdale’s Charley Webb sets record straight on leaving soap after husband’s ‘race row’
Piers Morgan’s latest stance on Covid leaves fans bewildered: ‘You’ve changed your tune!’
Melvyn Bragg slams ‘ignorant’ Government over claims of ‘wanting to weaken the BBC’
The National Television Awards winner took part in three seasons of the formerly biggest talent show on TV, serving as a judge from 2011 to 2013.
However, in July 2021, ITV announced that the show had been cancelled after 17 years, having seen a considerable decline in ratings year-to-year.
“The sad thing about music on TV nowadays is that we are all sort of forced into a show which has nothing to do with music and they throw us on for two minutes and that is it,” Gary added.
“So when things like Walk The Line comes along I say, ‘Thank God there is a window still.’”
Just over three million viewers watched the premiere episode of Walk The Line before it took a sharp dive to just 2.1 million, which is just a fraction of what shows such as I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! and Britain’s Got Talent accumulate for the broadcaster.
During its first season run, viewers took to social media stressing they didn’t understand the show’s concept, prompting many to watch something else instead.
In a statement from an ITV spokesperson, they said: “The audience is increasing on catch up, and it is the top title on ITV Hub this week.”
ITV has yet to commission a second series.
Source: Read Full Article