- In a new blog post written on Medium, Chrissy Teigen recounted her memories and feelings of the day she lost her pregnancy.
- Teigen thanked the many people who have sent her kind words and gifts, and also addressed why she shared intimate photos from the hospital room that night.
- "I had asked my mom and John to take pictures, no matter how uncomfortable it was," she wrote, referring to her husband John Legend.
- Teigen also said she doesn't care what some people's criticisms of the photos are.
- "These photos aren't for anyone but the people who have lived this or are curious enough to wonder what something like this is like," Teigen wrote. "These photos are only for the people who need them. The thoughts of others do not matter to me."
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
After a month of almost full social-media silence, Chrissy Teigen has published a blog post on Medium recounting her memories of the day she lost her pregnancy and the following weeks.
"I didn't really know how I would start this, no matter the room or state I was in, but it feels right to begin with a thank you," Teigen said. "For weeks, our floors have been covered in flowers of kindness. Notes have flooded in and have each been read with our own teary eyes."
On September 30, Chrissy Teigen and John Legend shared photos on Twitter and Instagram showing Teigen grieving in a hospital bed.
After receiving multiple blood transfusions and updating her followers on the progress of her pregnancy, which was about halfway along, doctors were unable to stop the bleeding and Teigen had lost the pregnancy.
In the blog post, Teigen went into detail about the difficulties she had with the pregnancy, and how eventually the doctor said that "it was time to say goodbye."
"Chrissy's openness helps to shed this stigma and advance conversations about the topic, and help people realize that in the vast majority of cases, there is nothing that anybody did or didn't do that could prevent this devastating event," Dr. Lilli Dash Zimmerman, a fertility specialist at Columbia University Fertility Center who wasn't involved in Teigen's care, told Insider.
Source: Read Full Article